Translate

Sunday 25 April 2021

Therapy/Pottery


 


 Four years and a bit ago (as of today), as a way to spend more time with my eldest, and to learn something new, I took up pottery. I had zero thoughts beyond, "This will be fun for a couple months." 

A year in, I kinda figured it was going to be a regular hobby, but now, four years later, I'm addicted. 

Add in a pandemic, which has been crazy-making, and pottery is therapy, and every bit as necessary for my mental health - and the mental health of about 60 others in my studio, it seems. 

We've been so fortunate the structure of the studio - closed to the public, members only, production facility - has meant we have not had to close, except for six weeks last year - and that was torture... 

These mugs sold the day after I made them. Reclaimed clay, terra sigillata with what I thought was pink mason stain, with carved hearts a la Banksey. 

I have an on-line store if you're interested - with the caveat it may disappear in six weeks, when it is no longer free (I got a three months free deal), if it isn't self-supporting. 
muddchuchersclayworks.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and moderated). Assholes will be surgically-removed.