Translate

Monday 12 April 2021

365 RED: Hobbies; Therapy


 You just never know when your hobby is going to turn into therapy, and when a pandemic is going to come along and you`re gonna need therapy.... I mean pottery.... four times a week. 

I took up pottery as a means of spending more time with my eldest daughter, and because I`d always wanted to learn how, but with zero intention of doing anything more than learning how. I had zero intention of still being at it four years later. 

I`m grateful for this hobby, the studio, the guy who runs it - about whom a book should be written. It`s been a rough, ugly year. I`m glad to have had this place to escape to. 

If anyone`s curious, my site is muddchuckersclayworks.ca. The name is homage to my sister, who, when she was six, declared if we made some transgression (she was specific, but I forget; I was also six), our names would be Mud, "M. U. D. D., MUD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and moderated). Assholes will be surgically-removed.