Translate

Monday 25 April 2016

365 RED: Things you know will happen but refuse to believe


I did know my kids would grow up and have lives of their own. I knew it, but I didn't realize it would happen so bloody fast, nor did I comprehend how fast 30 years flies by, or 26, in the case of the owner of these kitties.

Six years ago, my youngest, then 21, met a fellow at a wedding in Texas. Given the distance, I figured not much would come of it. However, despite distances and deployments - he's a USAF captain - they married, twice, in fact (one totally-not-a-secret elopement to get the immigration stuff underway and the second a proper wedding).

Last December, she moved to Florida, otherwise known as at least seven hours, two airports and a 40 minute drive away from home. Shortly thereafter, she and her spouse got themselves some "kids" of their own, Logan and Wade, who, at the moment this image was made, had, for the first time, met a dog... yeah. I know. Terrifying. 

They were tiny then, and they're not much bigger now, but they have a big job; to keep my daughter company during yet another deployment; the first one when she's no longer home with her family but being a wife 5000 miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and moderated). Assholes will be surgically-removed.